[Tutor] Python Editors .. which do you reccomend for a amateur?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 5 01:54:18 CEST 2007

"Bob Gailer" <bgailer at alum.rpi.edu> wrote

> OK I installed wxpython. Now what do I do to run alaMode? I found no
> useful documentation.

The Py toolset is here:

%PYTHON%\lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-unicode\wx\py

Just drag a shortcut to the file into the menu or onto the desktop.

It is fairly intuitive to operate and some exploration reveals the
rest.
Its basically a demo of the wxPython text editing widget plus
the PyCrust shell.

If you have access to the wxPython book there is a chapter
on the Py tools which is worth reading - try the local library
as per a recent thread!

Regards,

--
Alan Gauld