[Tutor] sqlite: does "?" work in PRAGMA commands?

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Mon Aug 6 17:03:07 CEST 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Terry Carroll wrote:

> Does the "?" approach not work with PRAGMA commands or something; or am I
> doing this wrong?

Just a quick follow-up on this, in case anyone else cares.  My conclusion
is that it's not supported.  Googling around I found this pysqlite bug
report:

http://www.initd.org/tracker/pysqlite/ticket/160

It's not quite on target, since it's trying to use substitution for
non-SQL variables in an SQL statement, but I think the principle is the
same.  The PRAGMA statement is not really an SQL statement, so the
variables in it are not SQL variables.  So this is not-working as
designed, I think.