[Tutor] superscript with easydialogs

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 6 23:11:35 CEST 2007

"Ben" <nebpro at gmail.com> wrote

> I have been working with easydialogs module lately
> especially the progress bar (for Windows). I would
> like to put superscript text like (TM) to (™) when
> calling the label function.

To do that you will have to use rich text format for the label
text and that's not normally available in Windows widgets.

The super-scripting is controlled by the text style,
font settings etc. You may be able to find a font that
supports TM as a superscript specifically within its
extended charater set. But I dont know if EasyDialogs
even allows you to change the font...

> It makes me wonder if python itself allow to  the
> superscript.  Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Its not a Python issue but a matter of what the standard
windows widgets allow. To achieve what you want you might
have to create a custom widget when supports display of
rich text in its labels. But that would be true regardless
of the programming langusage you used!

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld