[Tutor] Books with exercises and problems to solve

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Tue Aug 7 17:39:16 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 03:04:55PM +0400, Khamid Nurdiev wrote:
> Hello all,
> so long i have been learning python with two books 1) Official tutorial by
> Guido Van Rossum and 2) Pythong Programming: An Introduction to Computer
> Science by John M. Zelle and like them a lot as the first one gives a lot of
> explanations but without any exercises, but the second one has a lot of
> exercises to do which I like. I would like to know if anyone can recommend a
> book like the second one with a lot of exercises to do and problems to
> solve, not just the explanations for concurrent and also further study.

You might look at "Python Cookbook", by Alex Martelli.  Each
section (and there are many) gives a problem, a solution, and
a discussion.  So, you could read a problem section, write your own
solution, then compare your solution with the solution in the book.
And, as a bonus, the discussion section will help to understand how
the solution works and why it's a good way to solve the problem.

There is also an on-line version, which is definitely worth looking
at, but does not have the problem-solution-discussion format:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman