[Tutor] Losing the expressivenessofC'sfor-statement?/RESENDwithexample

Smith, Jeff jsmith at medplus.com
Fri Aug 10 22:13:20 CEST 2007

That's a good point.  He keeps indicating that the tutorial should make
reference to C/C++/Java syntax specifically  because that's what the
rest of the known universe uses.  To carry your example one step
farther, it's like expecting a grade school Spanish text to have
pointers for English speakers because that's what the rest of the known
universe speaks.  Not only is the claim itself specious, but if the
target audience for the book is children learning Spanish, it would make
things worse, not better, by only managing to confuse them with
something they don't understand.  If that's the case, we should have
pointers in our English books in Mandarin, which, I believe, really is
the most spoken language. I'm sure his local school board would by his
argument :-)

Jeff