[Tutor] LosingtheexpressivenessofC'sfor-statement?/RESENDwithexample

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Aug 11 14:52:28 CEST 2007

Alan Gauld wrote:
> "Noufal Ibrahim" <noufal at airtelbroadband.in> wrote
>
>> I think such treatment of the various python constructs should be
>> reserved for documents like say, "Python for C programmers"(
>
> Actually that's not a bad idea, except I'm not sure such convertion
> courses exist?
>
> But it would be useful to have a set of concise crib sheets for
> the most common conversion languages, say:
>
> Java, Perl, C/C++, Visual Basic and Unix shell
> (and maybe Mathematica and Lisp).

I agree, this would be a good place for the document Stephen suggests.

The wiki has a page "MovingToPythonFromOtherLanguages"
http://wiki.python.org/moin/MovingToPythonFromOtherLanguages
I just added a link to that page from the BeginnersGuide/Programmers page.

This page has some tips that are C/C++ specific. It could link to a
MovingToPythonFromC page. (There is already MovingToPythonFromPerl)

Kent