[Tutor] Python Book Recommendations [Was:[Re: Security]]

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:27:00 CEST 2007

On 8/14/07, Robert H. Haener IV <humbolt at comcast.net> wrote:
> When I was putting together my "To Buy" list of Python books, I came across an online store with some great prices on new books. [...]; their address is:  http://www.bookpool.com
>
> [...] their 6 Month Rating on Reseller Ratings is 10/10 and their Lifetime Rating is 9.02/10.  I feel I should also note that the discounts I mentioned were for the latest edition of each book on my list.

robert,

yes, this is a well-known bookstore, as seen lately by the post (and
ensuing thread) from the past few days:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2007-August/056230.html

many technical people i know shop for their books there, including
myself... they are usually less than Amazon. i'm not surprised by
their high ratings.

cheers,
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com