[Tutor] Fw: KeyError list?

Rob Andrews rob.andrews at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 04:53:32 CEST 2007

At my current day job, I'm handed a wild variety of data from
customers, and most of it hasn't been normalized in any reasonable
way. File formats are inconsistent, numbers of fields are randomly
inconsistent with the headers, etc.

Attempting to massage these into files I can process has involved a
lot of "throw-away" scripting, and I've caught myself doing some
really questionable things with basic data structures, leading to my
original question. Dictionary key errors have been the most common
here lately, popping up in a fairly wide range of circumstances due to
seemingly random data.