[Tutor] A fun puzzle

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Fri Aug 24 22:30:19 CEST 2007

Dick Moores wrote:
>At 10:22 AM 8/24/2007, Kent Johnson wrote:
>>So you actually pasted that code into timeit.py?
>Yeah. :-( I think I learned on the Tutor list to do it that way, but
>I'm not sure. Thanks for showing me a correct way.

I hope not!

>>Using timeit more conventionally I get unsurprising results. This
>>program has output:
>>which is more in line with what I would expect.
>Using your exact code, I just got
>Which is the reverse of your result, but on a slower computer.
>What's up with that??

That result was gotten using Ulipad. Thought I'd try it at my command
line (several times, of course--I've reported what seemed to be
representative data).

Using command line:

Using IDLE:

Using Wing Pro (executing with Alt+F5)

Is it possible that the timeit module should be used only at the command line?

                       Bagdad Weather