[Tutor] Variable scope for class?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 31 01:54:30 CEST 2007

"Dave Kuhlman" <dkuhlman at rexx.com> wrote

> Actually, the particular edition of Alan's book that I have is old
> enough so that it does not discuss the Enclosing namespace, which
> came later to Python.  The enclosing namespace not make a
> difference in your example, but does in mine.

The paper book is based on Python 1.5.1
The web page is based on Python 2.2 and mentions enclosing scope
(although I call it "nested" and avoid discussing it in detail! :-)

I intended adding sections in the functional programming
and OOP topics but it doesn't look like I ever really got round
to it! oops! :-(

Alan G.