[Tutor] Selecting a browser

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Dec 4 15:09:29 CET 2007

Kent Johnson wrote:
> Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
>> Tim Golden wrote:
>>> Agreed. But it would be more constructive to offer a simple
>>> patch to the webbrowser docs.
>
> You don't even need to give a formal patch. Just write the doc change in
> plain text and submit it as a bug.

True. But the entry level is now *much* lower
than it used to be, both to submit a bug and to
modify the docs source, the former thanks to the
switch to roundup, the latter thanks to Georg
Brandl's work on Sphinx and the switch to .rst.

Certainly if the OP were to submit a plain text
update I'd happily do the conversion to .rst. (I've
recently submitted a patch to Sphinx so the new-style
docs all build correctly under Windows).

In addition, for those not following that particular
story, the Google Highly Open thingy (GHOP) is seeing
a bunch of updates, additions and corrections to the
docs being submitted pretty much every day. Which can
only be a good thing!

TJG