[Tutor] Noob question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 10 02:18:56 CET 2007

"Eric Walstad" <eric at ericwalstad.com> wrote

> You could also achieve the same result of concatenating a list of
> strings by looping over the list items like so:
>
> b = ''
> for fruit in a:
>    b += fruit
>
> print b

And to add to the options you could use the formatting operator
provided you know there are only 3 items,

b = "%s%s%s" % tuple(a)

Or for an indefinite number of strings:

b = "%s" * len(a)
b = b % tuple(a)

So many options. However, to the OP, if you get stuck in
future its best if you post the erroneous code that you have tried,
then we can better see where you have gone wrong and thus
provide clearer guidance on how to fix it. Its better to learn to
do it your own way correctly than just to see other folks
attempts .

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld