[Tutor] Get variable values

Mário Gamito gamito at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:55:31 CET 2007

Hi,

Danny Yoo wrote:
> Ok, good.  Next time, make it more clear to the group that things worked
> out fine, to close the thread.  Remember, we can't read your mind: make
> it explicit.
>
> Otherwise, people will continue to try to help you with something that
> you don't have problems with anymore.  *grin*
Ok.

>    1.  "Autocommit" mode is off.  That is, by default, your database
> access is transactioned.  That means that if you don't commit, the
> database rolls any changes right back out as soon as the connection
> closes.  See:
>
>     http://www.amk.ca/python/writing/DB-API.html
>

>    2.  String literals are really string literals.  That is, the code as
> written above will insert the literal string "entry[key].url" as a title.
Yes, i know, i'm a long time PHP programmer.
I was just testing.

> Use prepared statements.  See:
>
>     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2003-April/022010.html
>
> for an example.
Yes, i know too.

> There's also a third thing I'd suggest: abstract our the
> database-creation into a separate function.  You're probably going to be
> opening connections in several places in your code: keep the
> connection-open logic in a single place so you can more easily change
> configurations.
>
> If it's possible, pull out the code that touches the database into a
> separate module layer.  People on the list can talk about this more if
> you'd like.
Yes, that will be for later.

For now, i'd just like to pull out the variables values, and i don't
know how.
For those who may be interested it's about file __init.py__ from
planetplanet code.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito