[Tutor] The best way to implement a config file ???

Magnus Wirström asdlinux at yahoo.se
Thu Feb 1 21:05:16 CET 2007

Andreas Kostyrka skrev:
> * Magnus Wirström <asdlinux at yahoo.se> [070201 14:38]:
>
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> I'm learning to program python with wxpython gui. I have a application i
>> made with several modules and i want to implement a configfile that
>> applies to all those modules. Is there an easy way to do this ?  Can
>> anyone point me in the right direction ?
>>

> Depending upon your tastes:
>
> ConfigFile => win.ini style config files.
> shlex      => unix shell script style parsing.
>
> Andreas

/ think i want win.ini style, I'm designing a configuration module that
is going to write this file. I have not heard of shlex so i can really
not judge if it suits my needs. I do like the kind of config file that
can be editable with a editor if nessary. Anyone have an good example
how to use ConfigFile to write a config file that stores strings and
boolean settings. Sorry for my english....

Thanks
Magnus
/