[Tutor] How to make ftplib show progress while uploading a large file

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Tue Feb 6 20:51:48 CET 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Kent Johnson wrote:

> Bottom line: the committers are volunteers and they work on what they
> want to. Often they prefer writing code to reviewing and applying patches.

I wonder if there's any way to wave this one under their nose.  If for no
reason other than to stem potential Ruby envy.

My only experience with the patch process is one patch I submitted in
2003, when I was still a Python baby.[1]  I got lucky.  Guido himself
picked it up right away, suggested a few changes, and then checked it in
once I made them.  It showed up in 2.2, I think.

[1] I tweaked nntplib.py to allow multiline results to be put in a file or
a file-like object, rather than returned in a list.  The list approach was
really painful when retrieving headers from a large newsgroup.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=720468&group_id=5470&atid=305470