[Tutor] question about importing threads

shawn bright nephish at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 22:50:08 CET 2007

ok, i have started doing this with my 4000 + line file. So far its been
working out.
i have another question about it.

i have two classes in my program that use a global object that is a socket
connection.

example:
global  my_sockobj
serverhost = 'mehost.com'
serverport = 9100
my_sockobj = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
my_sockobj.connect((serverhost,serverport))

then i use my_socket.recv to get stuff from the socket in one class
and my_socket.send to send stuff from another class.

is there something tricky about passing this as a global object to different
modules that would need to use it?
Or does this go along with what you wrote a while back about having classes
that depend on each other ?

One runs as a thread, the other responds to gui input.

thanks for any tips.

shawn