[Tutor] Converting Filenames to Lower case

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 03:18:29 CET 2007

Hi, I'm interested in a writing a quick python script for use on the command
line. I'm at the linux terminal inside a directory with a bunch of files.
The files have mixed case (some are .JPG and some are .jpg, etc..) I'd like
to be able to run a python script that will take all the files in the
directory I'm in and convert all the filenames and extensions to lower case.

Any ideas on where to look? I've fiddled quite a bit with very basic
scripting but nothing to do with getting files from the current directory
and processing their names. Can anybody point me in the right direction to
get started?