[Tutor] telnet read_until problems

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 12 22:17:16 CET 2007

"Chris Hallman" <challman at gmail.com> wrote

> I've written a program that tests ISDN dial backup at 1,000
> locations. I've
> broken up the logic into server functions within a threading class
> (i.e.
> logon, get interfaces, get dial string, etc.). At 999 locations, the
> following code extract the first of three dial strings:
>
>    def GetDialString(self):

> I've run a packet capture and I see the data coming back every time.
> I don't
> understand why it works fine for 999 out of 1,000 locations. Any
> suggestions?

The figure 999 is interesting. Python has a recursion limit of 1000
levels. Do you by any chance use recursion to call your function?

Otherwise I have no idea. Without seeing more of the code its pretty
hard to see where the breakage might be. I can't see anything obvious
in the function you posted.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld