[Tutor] report service

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Feb 18 23:32:02 CET 2007

János Juhász wrote:

> Dear All!
>
> May someone recommend any simple solution to distribute some dozen
> parametrizable sql reports
> for some dozen users with a minimal access controll.
> Some kind of charting possibilty needed, but I needn't web-based front end.

I'm not sure I understand your requirements. Do you want a way for a
dozen users to be able to create reports from a database, where they
select some parameters and create the report on demand?

Dabo might be useful for that: http://dabodev.com/
The docs are kind of sparse, I think the screencasts are the best way to
get started. I haven't used this myself but I know some people like it a
lot.

Kent