[Tutor] list problem

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 06:29:03 CET 2007

Kirk Bailey wrote:
> ok, getting back to python and wikiness, I have a problem, this software
> of mine seems to exibit different behavior under the latest edition of
> python (2.5) than under the version used when I first wrote it (2.3).
>
> It loads the page file, but returns it as a list (which is correcft) of
> one element, the entire file is in one cell. Prior, it returned each
> line as an element in the list. this is causing me some processing
> problems, and I am not a happy camper.
>
> I am still getting out the WD-40 and loosening up rusty hinges and
> joints oin my python processing prefrontals, it's been quite a while. I
> cna post the current program to a website if it would help, or send it
> to you off list directly.
>
> The idea is to use MiniWiki in one's windoze laptop as a wiki/notebook.
> Wikinehesa is optimied for freebsd/linux and works fine as is.
>
> Discussion on or off list is saught. Constructive criticism will be
> graciously received and thanked.

If you could give us a snippet of input data,
as well as the function and the 10 or so lines preceding and following
it, that returns a single-element list,
we could probably help.  Or better yet, write a new function that's very
simple that just displays the behavior you don't want.
It sounds like you have a lot of code, though, and since you know where
the problem is occurring it's easier if you give us an excerpt,
the cliffs notes version, if you will, than for one of us to read
through your code.
-Luke