[Tutor] Running an exe from Python

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 21:33:07 CET 2007

On 2/22/07, Nagendra Singh <singh01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What it does is that opens and closes the command window really fast and
> displays a value of 1 in the interpreter. How can I get python to display
> the results in the interactive window or what is the right way to do this.

I assume you're using the PythonWin editor that comes from ActiveState. I
tend to use the editor to create and edit the scripts, but I open a separate
command line window (or terminal) for testing and running the scripts. This
way, the output is right there and remains visible. If you run the script
from within the PythonWin editor it will generate the output and then
immediately close the output window and you miss seeing it.