[Tutor] DICOM Header

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Fri Feb 23 17:52:10 CET 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:51:35 -0700
"Andrew Liimatta" <Andrew.Liimatta at hsc.utah.edu> wrote:

> I have a directory that is filled with DICOM files that I obtained
> by using the Offis DICOM tool kit.

Ah.  The light dawns.  I should offer to communicate with you off-list,
and report back here after we've solved the problem.  I have DICOM files
here, and it sounds like an interesting and useful thing to be able to
do (inspect DICOM files with Python).  The next step is to talk more
specifically about what it is you want to do, which will likely require
more discussion about DICOM than we should burden the list with.

Let's say I were able to send you a snippet of code that returns a
list containing the values of SourceApplicationEntityTitle fields
(say) for each DICOM file in your directory.  Am I on the right track?

Feel free to write back to me off-list.

-Bill