[Tutor] wav audio playback

Adam Pridgen Adam.Pridgen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 08:41:01 CET 2007

You are getting these errors because the API for Python varies by
release (e.g. 2.4 to 2.5)  due to additions, bug fixes, etc..  The
warning you are receiving is letting you know that it was compiled and
meant to be run on Python 2.4, and also subtly warning that problems
may arise when you run or write your scripts in the 2.5 environment.

To get rid of the error safely, if possible compile PyAudio for Python
2.5, or if you can regress back to Python 2.4 until PyAudio package is
available for Python 2.5.  There might also be a flag that can be set
to ignore warnings when you run the Python, but I am not sure about
this.  Some of the more Pythonic vets on the list might be able to
provide feed back on that.

However, from my past experience, regressing back to Python 2.4 seems
to be the easiest and safest option in most cases.

Regards,
Adam