[Tutor] Load DLL / library and run a thread from it

Jorgen Bodde jorgen.maillist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 16:44:59 CET 2007

Hi Guys,

I want to make a C++ DLL that spawns a thread, and wrap this with
Python so that a thread still runs inside the DLL, but I can access
methods to communicate with it, and preferrably receive callbacks from
it.

I searched the net for examples explaining concepts like this, but I
am lost. Is this possible or is it that trivial that nobody seems to
explain it?

The C++ DLL will not run any python code, it is a simulation engine
from which I want to make the status available in wxPython.

Regards,
- Jorgen