[Tutor] Floats and rounding down

Toon Pieton pytutmail at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 22:56:04 CET 2007

Hey all!

A very simple question. I'm writing a simple program which does some
calculations with money. I use floats for that, and yes, I know that floats
arent as perfect as decimals, but its doesnt have to be a perfect program.

I have, however, run into a "visual" problem.

Something like temp = '$' + str(round(x,2)) will make x = $1.537 read as
$1.54. That's perfect. However, when x = 1.3, or x = 5.0, it will display
just that: $1.3 or $5. I don't like that - I wan't 1.30 and 5.00, because
that looks much more clean and homogeneous.

Is there any - not to complicated - way to do that?

Thanks in advance for reading and caring!
Toon Pieton