[Tutor] smtplib starttls() error

olen88 olen88 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 07:04:30 CET 2007

Hello,
	I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction
	my system info:
Python 2.4.3 (#69, Apr 11 2006, 15:32:42) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32

	as the subject says. starttls() returns the following error,

reply, null = session.starttls();
File "C:\Python24\lib\smtplib.py", line 601, in starttls
sslobj = socket.ssl(self.sock, keyfile, certfile)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'

I tried,

import socket

socket.ssl();

same AttributeError exception was raised, so this confirmed that
socket.py has no ssl attribute.

what can I do about this, some answers I digged up suggest

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-June/207802.html

but I am hasty about this suggestion, and wishes to consult to you all
about what to do.

Thank you

ennma