[Tutor] Perfect Python web stack?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Wed Jan 17 20:21:00 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 10:09:02AM -0500, Kent Johnson wrote:
> OkaMthembo wrote:
> > Ok pythonistas!
> >
> > Please help me to decide. I might have asked some of you before, so
> > please bear with me.
> >
> > I want to build a database driven python web app and i need to decide,
> > so please vote on the best components (im developing on XP SP2):
> >
> > 1) MySQL vs PostGRES
> > 2) Lighttpd + FastCGI vs Apache + mod_python
> > 3) Pylons + Cheetah + Kid/Mochikit/Dojo vs Django/Turbogears
> All of these have their proponents. If you search comp.lang.python you
> will find many discussions. Start here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/

For the Web part of the stack, here is another good starting point:

I'm currently learning Pylons.  The tutorials for Pylons discuss
two object-relational mappers for Python: SQLObject and SQLAlchemy.
If you want to view your database from a higher, more abstract
level, you might want to look at them, too.  Here are some database

Dave Kuhlman