[Tutor] Perfect Python web stack?

OkaMthembo zebra05 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 13:44:57 CET 2007

Thanks folks,
Just to add a bit of chaos :-)...i am settled on using Quicksilver:
http://www.quicksilver.net
I guess with so many frameworks out there, it all boils down to specific
implementations and
how much rolling their own one can do.

I hope to benchmark Quicksilver performance and i'll report back.

Happy coding,
"Shortash"

On 1/19/07, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

> "Dave Kuhlman" <dkuhlman at rexx.com> wrote
>
> > I'm currently learning Pylons.  The tutorials for Pylons discuss
> > two object-relational mappers for Python: SQLObject and SQLAlchemy.
> > If you want to view your database from a higher, more abstract
> > level, you might want to look at them, too.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Both of these are standard in TurboGears too.
>
> SQL Alchemy seems to get the expert users vote. SQLObjects seems
> to be older and works OK for the simple stuff I've been playing with
> so far.
>
> Alan G.

"The Stupidry Foundry"