[Tutor] how long?

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at datalogic.com
Tue Jul 3 19:01:32 CEST 2007

Hi, Ben.

The quick answer to your question is another question: what do you want
to do?  If you have done the tutorial examples successfully, you
probably have the basics of Python down well enough to begin a project
of your own right now.  So, pick an idea that interests you or a
function that you need and start in!  When you run into trouble ask for
help here.  Plenty of people are happy to help out.

If you have trouble coming up with an idea for a project,  check
python.org for existing projects in need of help (anybody know the exact
URL?).  There are lots of ongoing projects looking for programmers to
assist, with tasks ranging from novice to guru skill levels.  You should
be able to find something that will challenge you without overwhelming
you.

Good luck!

Regards,

Barry