[Tutor] n.isalnum() is failing

Terry wildcard2007 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 21:19:58 CEST 2007

Ha Ha Ha  It appears I was having a very blond day.

For some reason, I was mentally verbalizing to myself, each time I
looked at x.isalnum(), "X  IS-ALL-NUMBERS",
instead of "X  IS-Alpha-Numeric".  I remember thinking......if one can
call it that....., "I wonder why x.isdigit()
is singular for only one digit????.......why couldn't they have made it
plural and singular? (It might help to realize the
example I was looking at for x.digit() showed it only operating on one
digit. But then, one must remember that
blond is sometimes really blond.....once it starts.

And you are sooo right, I need to fix the leap() portion of the program.

Thanks!  It will be nice to get back to the program without stubbornly
trying to coerce or trick poor isalnum() into
doing what it can't do.

Terry