[Tutor] From C to Python

Dhruva Kulkarni dhruva_lives at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 11:47:56 CEST 2007

Hi,
    I am a C guy wanting to switch to Python for some application-type-tasks that might be done in Python much quicker and sooner and smaller than in C...I have fiddled around with Python and looked through the tutorial, but i'm a bit lost when there are no pointers ( pun intended! ). I could not find any material on 'what-happens-when' type questions, e.g.( how functions are implemented --> stack-frame struct , parameter passing by value / reference ? ),  and  the whole 'identity vs equality' thing, plus the dynamic-typing-of-objects...
So i can see that Python programers must be thinking in a very un-'byte'-ly way, so do I need to unlearn the C way of wandering in 'byteland' ? And where can i find the ten commandments for Pythonland>? Thanks!
dhruva.