[Tutor] help with translating a c function to a python function

shawn bright nephish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:40:16 CEST 2007

hello all,

i have a c function from some modbus documentation that i need to
translate into python.

it looks like this:

unsigned short CRC16(puchMsg, usDataLen)
unsigned char *puchMsg ;
unsigned short usDataLen ;
{
    unsigned char uchCRCHi = 0xFF ;
    unsigned char uchCRCLo = 0xFF ;
    unsigned uIndex ;
    while (usDataLen––)
        {
        uIndex = uchCRCHi ^ *puchMsgg++ ;
        uchCRCHi = uchCRCLo ^ auchCRCHi[uIndex} ;
        uchCRCLo = auchCRCLo[uIndex] ;
        }
    return (uchCRCHi << 8 | uchCRCLo) ;
}

some of it i can make out, but i can't seem to figgure out
this part ' auchCRCHi[uIndex};
it looks like a typo, because there is a closing } that does not match
the opening [.

anyway, if someone could kinda give me a push, it would help me out a lot.
thanks