[Tutor] Code query..works in IDLE but not DrPython editor

Tony Noyeaux tnoyeaux at msn.com
Tue Jul 10 19:37:34 CEST 2007

Simple Random code.
import randomprint random.choice(['Apple', 'Pear', 'Shrimp', 'Death', 'Life'])
Works in IDLE gui, no problem. Gives me a random pick no problem.
When i changed to DrPython, to continue building parts of my code.. it won't take that code.
Gives me this error.
C:/Python/pythonw.exe -u  "C:/Python25/random.py"Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:/Python25/random.py", line 1, in <module>    import random  File "C:\Python25\random.py", line 2, in <module>    print random.choice(['Apple', 'Pear', 'Shrimp', 'Death', 'Life'])AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'choice'
... not sure why one editor would work, and while the other won't?.. any suggestions.
Looking for some insight.
See what you’re getting into…before you go there.