[Tutor] eyeD3 module installation on XP

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:45:09 CEST 2007

I'm interested in writing a small app - or attempting to ;) - which
will involve using the eyeD3 python module to process id3 tags of a
given set of files.

There are source downloads as well as downloads for various linux
distros, which is fine. However I also might want to work on this in
XP. I'm not sure how to install this on a Windows system. The install
instructions in the source code download describe the normal
./configure, make, make install which I've used several times before
when installing stuff on my home linux box, but I'm not sure these
will work on my Xp system.

Any pointers on how to go about installing this module? There's a file
called 'setup.py.in' as well. Not sure what that does..

Are there any id3 tag processing modules other than eyeD3 that I
should be looking at?

Thanks.