[Tutor] interpreter restarts

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Tue Jul 17 12:54:19 CEST 2007

Luke Paireepinart wrote:
> Tiger12506 wrote:
>>> As you will notice, there are some parameters there at the end.
>>> the -n is the one you're interested in .
>>> -n means no subprocess.
>>>
>> Yes. Yes. That is what I'm interested in.
>> Sigh. I know Windows very well for my background. The command line
>> parameters for pythonw.exe ~ not so much.

There is a man page for python showing the command line parameters.
Unfortunately AFAIK it is not available on Windows. You can read it here:
http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/python1.html

-n is an IDLE option, not a Python option. To see all available IDLE
command line options, type
"C:\Python25\python.exe" "C:\Python25\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw" -h

Kent