[Tutor] IDLE Usage - was Interpreter Restarts

Sara Johnson sarliz73 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 19:03:02 CEST 2007

Everyone who has commented...

I have XWin32....It hasn't worked.  I've talked to some people in the IT departments and they've given me things to check (boxes to check or uncheck) and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

When I picked up these projects I was given a lot of stuff and left to figure it out.  I was also left with the impression that I should have the GUI working.  If a lot of Python programmers use SSH, then I guess there is no problem.  But when you're a newbie who really doesn't understand what they're doing, anything that might make the process a tad more straight-forward is worth it.  For example, I worked on this basic Unix editor 'Pico' before I learned I could switch to Vi and have my code color-coordinated so that I knew where my comments were and I could see if I accidentally commented something out that needs to be there.  So maybe it's not too important that I use the Python shell with my school's editor program open (as I was advised to do).  Some of you have already seen my confusion from the different questions I've asked about my code (or rather, the code I've been editing).  So I thought most of the Python programmers preferred to use IDLE and that maybe it
 would simplify things just a tad for me.  I'm about 2000 miles away from where I should be with these projects.

Thanks,
Sara