[Tutor] Python Image library

Tiger12506 keridee at jayco.net
Thu Jul 19 01:38:45 CEST 2007

You know the height and the width of the image, no?

So you know that every 'width' number of pixels will start a new row.
So if you wanted say the fifth row down, second pixel, how would you find

The 1st line:  'width' number of pixels
The 2nd line: 'width' number of pixels
The 3rd line: 'width number of pixels
The 4th line: 'width' number of pixels
The 5th line: 2 pixels in from the left

Add those up ~  width+width+width+width+2
Or  4*width+2

That number is the index to use to get the pixel at coords (2,5)

pixel = getdata()

For this example.
Work out a more general solution for yourself please.