[Tutor] putting python to use

chris harvey charvey165 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 05:30:37 CEST 2007

Hi,
I am very very new to python language. if this is to
simple im sorry. I have had linux mandrake for 2 weeks
now and i have been learning.
I got my apache server running to find it has no GUI.
I was disapointed till i remembered i was learning
python.
I wondered if a python script could be used to make
/combind the server start and the config file take
info from the script. that make sense?
something like.

<code>
/usr/sbin/advxrun2.0 # starts server then
open (path) apache.config for input ?
</code>
you get the idea i think. im very new so be gental
with me and thanks for any working code in advance. i
dont want to cheet. i need to do it myself but i am a
bit lost on the frontend.
chris