[Tutor] Running Python on Gentoo

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Fri Jul 27 18:07:03 CEST 2007

Just to follow up on what _my_ environment looks like (and the probable
cause in my case, anyway)

Security Options ->
GRsecurity ->
Executable Protections ->
Trusted Path Execution (TPE)

CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_TPE:
If you say Y here, you will be able to choose a gid to add to the
supplementary groups of users you want to mark as "untrusted." These
users will not be able to execute any files that are not in root-owned
directories writable only by root.  If the sysctl option is enabled, a
sysctl option with name "tpe" is created.

Now I just need to find how to turn that off. I did want it more secure :-)

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com