[Tutor] [Bulk] Re: Which GUI?

scott slewin at rogers.com
Sat Jul 28 00:17:06 CEST 2007

Eric Brunson wrote:
> Easiest depends on your background.  I was a Mac developer back in the day, so WXPython was easy for me.  If you're a KDE programmer, then PyQT is probably your cup of tee.  Similarly, GTK programmers will probably like PyGTK.  I cannot make any statements about Tkinter, since I eschew everything TCL related.

I have not done any GUI programming at all using any GUI language.  So,
I'm not anything, not yet anyway :)  I know I don't want to program
using PyQT because of the licencing issues; I prefer something that is
completely open source.

I know I will eventually poke around a couple different GUI languages,
but, would prefer to start with what is easiest to learn for a new
programmer.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)