[Tutor] PyCrust IDE/Shell

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 1 11:32:51 CEST 2007

Is anyone else out there using PyCrust as their python shell?

I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm completely sold.
It is the best shell I've used, everything just seems to work.
I can cut n paste sections of interpreter code and PyCrust
correctly strips out the prompts and organises things. The
tooltips and autocomplete work better than IDLE or pythonwin.
There are no indentation problems like on IDLE. The namespace
viewer and other tools are genuinely useful.

I haven't tried the other Py tools yet - A La Mode seems the
obvious next step with its multi tabbed editors. But the beauty
of PyCrust is that it works beautifully with vim (or anything
else that can cut n paste)

Any other users got PyCrust tiposthey can share?

Alan G.