[Tutor] Starting with wxPython

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Fri Jun 1 22:33:20 CEST 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Alan Gauld wrote:

> "Alan Gilfoy" <agilfoy at frontiernet.net> wrote
>
> > soon, and I plan to use wxPython to do so. What, do you think, is
> > the best tutorial out there for wxPython?
>
> I'm working through the new wxPython book and highly recommend
> it.

I second that.  I've used Tkinter for a few years, mostly because the docs
on it are good.  I looked at wxPython, but there was no good vehicle for
learning it, and I gave up.

When the wxPython book came out, I borrowed a copy from the Library (hint:
even if your library doesn't have it, it can probably get it for you via
Inter-Library Loan) and read it.  I liked it enough to go and buy my own
copy as a reference after returning it.

I'm now planning on my next GUI app to be wxPython-based.