[Tutor] Calculator research

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 2 10:25:02 CEST 2007

"Adam Urbas" <jped.aru at gmail.com> wrote

> Ok, this is my research for a better calculator.  I want to make a
> calculator that is much less lame than the one that comes standard

Thats a good beginners project. But you should go through
one of the tutorials first because you are still asking a lot of
very basic questions. A few hours going through the
rudimentary things will speed up your project a lot.

> Also, I'd like to know how to make my program have visual qualities,
> like the standard calculator.

I assume you want it to have a GUI fron end with buttons etc?
Yes thats possible and my tutorial includes a topic to get you
started plus some example programs. but it is a more advanced
topic that really requires you to know about OOP and event-driven
style programs first.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site