[Tutor] Correct use of range function..

David Hamilton dsh0105 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 16:20:28 CEST 2007

I just finished doing an exercise in a tutorial on the range function
and while I got it to work, my answer seems ugly. I'm wondering if I'm
missing something in the way I'm using the range function.
The tutorial ask me to print a string backwards. My solution works, but
it it just doesn't "feel" right :).  My result is difficult to read and
I feel like I'm probably over complicating the solution. Suggestions?

word="reverse"
#Start at the end of the string, count back to the start, printing each
letter
for  i in range(len(word)-1,-1,-1):
    print word[i],