[Tutor] Python IDE

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 12 01:48:22 CEST 2007

"Andreas Kostyrka" <andreas at kostyrka.org> wrote in

> Well, the Subversion support is painful. Dogslow. Eclipse is slow,
> but
> the svn plugin that I've seen my colleagues use was IMHO (a Linux
> based
> developer, emacs + commandline svk, who complains that svk is
> painful
> slow *g*) unuseable for work.

Haven't used it with subversion, in fact I've never used subversion!
(We use Borland tools at work)

But I did say eclipse was heavyweight and needed a big PC. :-)

My old laptop didn't like it at all and my 600MHz G3 iBook goes
to sleep with it. but my nice new 3GHz dual core with 2G Ram
seems perfectly happy running it. So if you have a PC with that
general kind of spec Eclipse is worth a try.

Alan G.