[Tutor] Automatic generation of an "all possible combinations" array

Andy Cheesman Andy.cheesman at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Jun 14 13:24:15 CEST 2007

Hi people

I am trying to generate an array of all possible combinations of 1, and
zeros (see example data) for a rather nice Kinetic mote Carlo program
which I am writing python. So far, I've been working out for
combinations for 4 or less species by hand as it is quick! but I am
looking to automate the process so I can compute combinations for large
  numbers of possible species.
I could automate the generation of the array by the use of multiple
loops but that doesn't seem rather pythonic. I was wondering if anyone
had any sensible suggestions or pointers for efficient mechanisms for
the array.

Many Thanks
Andy

Example Data