[Tutor] editing macros for catia V5

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 17 20:35:43 CEST 2007

"pierre cutellic" <pierre.cutellic at gmail.com> wrote

>I am new to Python and trying to get my head around catia V5
> I would like to start to write some automated process in python for
> catia,
> does anybody know the way to or some docs maybe?

Until your post I'd never even heard of Catia. Having looked at
the IBM web site for it I'm not sure why you would choose
Python to write automated processes for it? However there
is a web page here:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/347243

That shows an example using Windows COM automation but in my
experience COM via Python is no easier than via VBScript or any
other scripting language. So if you know VB/VBscript etc stick with
those.

There are several other web pages that sjhow up if you google
catia python

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld