[Tutor] sockets

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Mon Jun 18 00:47:53 CEST 2007

Tip: consult the documentation of the struct module.

Andreas

-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --
Betreff:	[Tutor] sockets
Von:	"Linus Nordström" <linus at linusnordstrom.com>
Datum:		17.06.2007 22:47

Hello
I'm trying to rewrite a chat-program i did in school this spring in
python, the school program was in java. All this to leran python.

Anyway. I m trying to send a message using udp to a server that
conntains the message 3 0 0 0, it has to be in network byte order and
unsigned. I have tried to send it like a string "3000" but get an
error message from the server saying that it did recive 4 bytes, but
that it was an unknown message

So what i am wondering is if there are anny special byte arrays, or
some thing i should use. or if there are anny other way than to send
the message than a string.
Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org