[Tutor] python port scanner

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 25 07:06:02 CEST 2007

"max ." <dos.fool at gmail.com> wrote

> hello i am looking into writing a simple python port scanner but i
> cant find
> any good tutorials online if anyone can help or knows of any
> tutorials that
> could help it would be great.

Well you could start with my network programming topic in my tutor.

It covers the basics of sockets and ports. You don;t give any clues
as to how much you already know so its hard to give specific advice.

One thing you might find useful is the book "Python Network
Programming" published by Apress. It is a very complete book on
all aspects of network programming in Python, although not aimed
at beginners.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site