[Tutor] Reading image dimensions before it is loaded from a web form using python.

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Jun 30 03:02:57 CEST 2007

Norman Khine wrote:
> Hello,
> I am writing an application that allows the user to upload an image to
> their folder.
> Is there a way to get the size of the file before it has been uploaded
> onto the server and give an error if the size does not comply to the
> maximum size.

I'm not at all clear what your environment is. Is you application
running on the computer where the image originates, or on the server? If
your app is running on the source computer then you can just check the
file size. If you have a web app and you are uploading from the browser
  then I don't know how to check. The trick in the email you reference
might work.

Kent